[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - response.createRenderUrl() always returns

tajh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 8 16:39:46 EDT 2006

My environment:
JBoss Portal 2.2.1 SP3, downloaded
JBoss AS 4.0.4
Oracle 10g
Windows XP SP2
jdk 1.5.0_07

I am attempting to construct a URL within a portlet for output that returns to the same portal page, but with an additional parameter added.

For some reason, within my portlet's doView(request, response) method, whenever I call response.createRenderUrl(), I always get a URL like the following:

anonymous wrote : /portal/index.html?ctrl:cmd=render&ctrl:window=marad.default.Feedback

where the relative path portion of the url is not what I expect.  The actual URL for the page request that generates this behavior is:

anonymous wrote : http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/marad/

as I have not yet configured my portal app to be the default portal app. So
I am expecting the url to look similar, so that the URL generated would look something like the following:

anonymous wrote : /portal/portal/marad/default?param1=value1&param2=value2&...

What is the proper way to construct a URL that returns to the same portal page, albeit with some attached parameters?  Is it possible to do this without proprietary casting of the request and response to JBossRenderRequest and JBossRenderReponse?  Even the following code inside my portlet:
JBossRenderRequest jbossRequest = (JBossRenderRequest)request;
  | JBossRenderResponse jbossResponse = (JBossRenderResponse)response;
  | PortalNodeURL pnUrl = jbossResponse.createRenderURL(jbossRequest.getPortalNode());
produced null for pnUrl.  help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970447#3970447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970447