[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Closing Consumer Causes Hang

toddjtidwell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 8 17:29:52 EDT 2006

That's what I figured.  So now I have the following questions:

1) The destination is empty so it's only the message that prompted the close() that is being processed.  Why would close() block waiting for that final message to process, why not just close down.

2) This used to work under JBoss Messaging and every other JMS server I've ever worked with.

3)  If this is the way it's going to be going forward, how would I accomplish this same behavior?  Am I going to have to create a separate thread that watches the state of my consumers and checks some state property to see if the "close" message has been received.  That adds a lot of code to what once was a fairly simple thing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970460#3970460

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970460