[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB 3.0 RC8 Preview - FD Released

whichever do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 8 18:41:51 EDT 2006

"bill.burke at jboss.com" wrote : See release notes here.

  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12310827&styleName=Text&projectId=10021&Create=Create
  |
  | @EJB has been moved from javax.annotation to javax.ejb,  InvocationCOntext.getBean() renamed to getTarget().

Ok, it's all fine and dandy that you moved @EJB from javax.annotation to javax.ejb, but what the heck is up with now distributing that change as JBoss AS 4.0.4? The web install of 4.0.4 now has that change in it.

http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jnlp/jems-installer-1.2.0.BETA2.jnlp

JBoss now breaks code that was previously worked fine under that 4.0.4 distribution.

I have now had to force every developer in my office to upgrade their JBoss installation just so that when someone new comes along and installs JBoss using that installer, things won't work.

In addition, another open source project (http://subetha.tigris.org/) I'm on that has a binary distribution that is supposed to work with '4.0.4' won't now.

Bill, next time, please take half a second to think of what sorts of consequences it might have to make a binary incompatible release without incrementing the version number!

jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970473#3970473

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970473