[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Manually Acknowlegeing a message

tnine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 11 11:11:36 EDT 2006

Manually acknowledging a message Jboss 3.2.6

Hi all,
  I?m trying to find some documentation on Jboss MQ message acknowledgement, but I can?t seem to find it anywhere.  We have the following setup.

Tomcat Web Servers (Server A)
JBoss MQ Queue (Server B)
JBoss MQ Remote Queue MDB (Server C)

Our tomcat servers push the message on the queue on Server B.  Server C has a remote proxy defined, and then receives the message and processes it.  I want the MDB on JBoss server C to manually acknowledge the message.  I?ve set acknowledge-mode to Dups-ok-acknowledge, but that really doesn?t solve my issue.  I have the following flow in the on Receive code,

  | ? delegate to POJO code?
  |
  |  //if we get here id didn't blow up
  |      try {
  |             message.acknowledge();
  |         } catch (JMSException e) {
  |             throw new UndeclaredThrowableException(e);
  |         }

As you can see I want to manually acknowledge the message only if the POJO delegation is successful, how can I accomplish this?  Currently if the POJO code fails, the message is lost off of the queue on server B.

Thanks,
Todd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970776#3970776

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970776