[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - getAuthenticationCachePrincipals always returns empty list

cdecarlo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 11 13:45:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

We have a Swing based GUI application that connects to a JBoss EJB server and we need to know if a user is already logged into the server.  I'm looking at the getAuthenticationCachePrincipals method in the JMX bean JaasSecurityManager to return me a list of authenticated users.  I've got the code working O.K. but the method always returns me an empty list.

  | MBeanServerConnection server = MBeanServerConnection)ctx.lookup("jmx/rmi/RMIAdaptor");
  |
  | ObjectName jaasMgr = new ObjectName("jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager");
  |
  | Object[] params = {p_strSecurityDomainName};
  |
  | String[] signature = {"java.lang.String"};
  |
  | List users = (List) server.invoke(jaasMgr, "getAuthenticationCachePrincipals", params, signature);

I have double checked that the DefaultCacheTimeout is set to a non zero value.  We are using a custom login module which extends the UsernamePasswordLoginModule....we are calling the super methods everywhere as well.   Here is the entry in the login-config.xml file for our domain.

<application-policy name="ucmslc">
  | 	<authentication>
  | 		<login-module code="ucs.common.security.ucms.JBossLoginModule" flag="optional">
  | 			<module-option name="applicationName">UCMS-LC</module-option>
  | 			<module-option name="principalUserRole">lccmsUser</module-option>
  | 			<module-option name="addSecurityGroupsAsRoles">false</module-option>
  | 		</login-module>
  | 	</authentication>
  | </application-policy>

Anybody ever get this method call working successfully?

Thanks,

Cliff

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970809#3970809

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970809