[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JSR-109 service endpoint and EJB3

be324854 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 12 04:44:56 EDT 2006

I know that an EJB3 Stateless sessions beans that doubles as a web service endpoints should be annotated according to the JSR-181 standard.  But since JBossWS 1.x does not support related standards like JAX-B 2.0 (e.g. namespace of the elements) and JAX-WS 2.0 (e.g the Exception structure).  That makes it pretty useless for a production environment.

Since the project I will work on will go into staging before the probable release date of JBossWS 2.x I was thinking of a different approach.  The O?Reilly book ?Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0? indicates that JAX-RPC 1.1 is still appropriate for EJB3, and I wanted to use that since JBossWS 1.x has good support for that.

I see in the deployment code that ?JSR109_EJB3? not exists.  Does that mean that I can?t expose EJB3 Stateless session beans as a web services via the JSR-109 standard?  If not can it be added in the near future?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970931#3970931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970931