[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCache 2.0.0 and JMX: Design ideas

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 06:19:00 EDT 2006

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : I think that would be OK for usage in the AS, but... does JBC have the ability to bind a Cache instance in JNDI?  AFAIK when we do that now we're relying on the AS's proxy factories.

Is this necessary?  Wouldn't a simple

  | new InitialContext().bind(jndiName, cacheInstance);

do the trick, since we'd only be binding to local JNDI?

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : The other one I can think of would be more app-specific mgmt consoles, e.g. show me the names all the sessions in the cache for webapp X, which would use a JMX call to getChildrenNames.  For a mgmt console people don't want to use JNDI as it leads to the need to have JBC classes available to the console.

I agree, but could this be construed as management info - and be made avbl in the CacheMBean?  E.g., a method like:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971235#3971235

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971235