[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Bug or not ? (request attributes lost)

cyril.joui@supinfo.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 10:34:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

Following my last post : http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=90549
I think I've found a problem with JSF / Portlet and request attribute.

I made a simple application (add user / list user / edit user) with one managedBean (userBean) in request scope.

The problem is that for 1 request, JSF create two instances of my managedBean (User).
This is due to processAction and facesRender methods which takes 2 differents PortletRequest object in arguments.

First JSF creates the userBean managed instance in request scope (in processAction method).

Then, in facesRender method, when rendering the page JSF creates another instance of my userBean managed !

The problem comes from this code line :

facesContext.setExternalContext(makeExternalContext(request, response));

The request object doesn't have request attributs from processAction method ...

I wanted to know if it's normal or not ? And if not, how do you do with JSF to have one instance of a managed bean request scoped in one request ?

Thanks by advance.

Sorry for my poor english !

Cyril

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971280#3971280