[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Jar Isolation Not Working

wcydaip do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 13:35:23 EDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestion.  It looks like this still may be an issue with both 4.0.2 and 4.0.4.GA.  Unless the problem is with my packaging and/or Manifest.mf CLASSPATH references.  Anyone know of any resources which describe basic packaging procedures which allow ejb jar files and war files to communicate smoothly?

Here's what I found searching on JIRA:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=61036
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1549?vote=vote

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=80758
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3086?vote=vote

After those readings I found I really hadn't setup my environment for full isolation.  So after changing the server/default/deploy/ear-deploy.xml attribute's to read:

  |       <attribute name="Isolated">true</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="CallByValue">true</attribute>

I realize this statement was incorrect on the initial post:
anonymous wrote :
  | However, if one single app containing the three redundant jar files is deployed alone. And if that app is navigated completly through. Then if the next app is deployed the applications work.

Now I start getting the old ClassCastException and I'm guessing it's because of the isolation?  Is this right?

  | java.lang.ClassCastException
  | 	at com.security.delegate.SecurityAuthenticator.getSecurityAuthenticator(SecurityAuthenticator.java:104)
  | 	at com.security.delegate.SecurityAuthenticator.authenticate(SecurityAuthenticator.java:41)
  | 	at com.portal.action.LoginAction.execute(Unknown Source)
  | 	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)

Could anyone please comment on my current deployment?

  | - .ear 1
  | | --- application.xml
  | | --- security-ejb.jar         // shared by app 2
  | | --- util-client.jar             // shared by app 2
  | | --- calendar-client.jar     // shared by app 2
  | | --- portal-main.jar
  | | --- portal-ejb.jar            // uses util-client.jar and portal-main.jar
  | | --- portal.war                 // uses all shared libraries

The application.xml just lists all the archives as their respective module.  I have no classpath reference within the war archive or any of the others.

App2.ear is setup almost identically only the portal is a reg app.

Thanks alot,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971337#3971337

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971337