[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - ..:: Questions about Seam design!!!

angelogalvao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 14:11:14 EDT 2006

First off all: Sorry for my english

Well , after a lot of in and out about Seam, JSF and EJB3 first experience development, now i'm using the 3 in a big, very big project...

But when i look some aspects of the design i think that's go against what i learned, i think... help me to clarify that issues.

Seam components seems to go against the 3 layered architecture... In the Seam examples the same bean save the object and make a query(DAO), put a message in a facesMessages (Controller) and make some bussiness validation and bussines proccess (bussines/service )...  The problems that go with that everybody kwons. This architecture just works with a JSF, EJB3 and Seam technology.

Another think is that i have learned that a SessionBean must have the bussiness methods, for example, a doctor CRUD methods is in the DoctorManagerBean, but with Seam i put navigation a action listeners methods too and some others like for component binding, so my session bean is not reusable in another ambient...

I'm do that because is that way that i learn Seam. The examples works like that... But can i separete the corcerns? Seam support that? do i lost my conversations if i my state is held in a SFSB that Seam not managed?
What the best solution?

Again: Sorry for my english

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971341#3971341

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971341