[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Define datasource at runtime on embedded container

chlabreu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 14:36:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

What are the basics steps to define a datasource at runtime?

Our application is running very well via Webstart. All the jars are signed, because of security requirements. The problem comes when we need to distribute our app to our users and try to install it on their web servers. Then we need to modify the datasource, which is defined inside embedded-jboss-beans.xml, which was placed inside a archive, which is signed. We have found the process to be very complex to open archive, edit xml, rebuild archive and sign it again - specially the last step. If we could define de datasource in a separate file and load it ourselves in our code, we could solve the problem without touching the archives.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971348#3971348

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971348