[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: TransactionException: could not register synchronization

holmes.j do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 20:00:08 EDT 2006

So the design I'm going for is something like the one described in this thread http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=927886[/url] or this one [url]http://www.hibernate.org/328.html.

It's where the Business objects have no clue where or how the objects come from, they just talk to a Dao, and are merry.

So I guess the problem is that I wasn't starting a Transaction anywhere.  I blindly assumed that automagically Hibernate would create a Transaction object during the getCurrentSession(), if it was setup to use JTA.

Obviously that's not the case, and the answer is to use AOP to invoke a session like this http://www.hibernate.org/391.html.  Never played with AOP before, but that's a different discussion.

Does this sound right?

-Jason

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971439#3971439