[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - UTF-8 problem within JSF

db__ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 14 06:18:39 EDT 2006

Hi there,
I have a UTF-8 problem within my seam application,
Basically viewing my test.jsf shows me two byte UTF-8 character in plain text. encoded as #195;¶ for a german ö, instead it would be nice to have the correct htmlcode for ö which is ;ouml i guess.
So here is what I have done....

I have confirmed that the String withing the Bean is correct UTF-8.
I have content="text/html; charset=utf-8" within my header.
I have jboss set to UTF-8 charset by default, and confirmed that defaultcharset is UTF-8
I have added the following to my web.xml.

<!-- Encoding to UTF-8 -->

		<filter-name>Seam Character Encoding</filter-name>
		<filter-class>
			org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamCharacterEncodingFilter
		</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>encoding</param-name>
			<param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
		</init-param>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>overrideClient</param-name>
			<param-value>true</param-value>
		</init-param>

	<filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>Seam Character Encoding</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

Is there anything more I have to do to get UTF-8 in jsf working?
thanks,
-dennis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971517#3971517

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971517