[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Refresh POJOs in a JSP

Juergen.Zimmermann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 14 08:13:16 EDT 2006

I'm using Struts and JBoss/EJB3. The Struts Action invokes an EJB3 Session Bean and gets a collection of objects, e.g. objects of class Customer.

Later the retrieved objects are displayed in a JSP (and the EJB3 entity manager is gone). If I want to display also the orders of each customer I have a problem with lazy loading.

OK, one solution is to use a fetch join inside the EJB code so that each customer's orders are loaded in advance.

However, for flexibility (not performance) reasons I'm looking for a solution regarding my JSPs. How can I reload inside a JSP the referenced objects that were not loaded in the cache, yet? Any hint is appreciated!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971537#3971537

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971537