[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - image/png Content type not accepted

jgilbert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 15 14:38:55 EDT 2006

I am trying to create a portlet that just returns content of type image/png. So I have configured my portlet with:

		<supports>
  | 			<mime-type>image/png</mime-type>
  | 			<portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
  | 		</supports>

and in my portlet I set the type as:

		response.setContentType("image/png");

But when I run the portlet I get the following exception:                 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Content type not accepted

According to the spec this exception is thrown when the content type does not match request.getResponseContentType().

When I add a debug statement, I see that request.getResponseContentType() returns text/html.

Shouldn't this return image/png since I configured it as above? Or is this a bug or am I trying to do something that I shouldn't?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972015#3972015

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972015