[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Weather Portlet : "Failed to retrieve Weather Feed!"

mmontoni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 18 13:48:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am facing an issue with the weather portlet. I am getting the following error in the JBoss console:

13:42:12,284 ERROR [WeatherPortlet] Fatal Error reading/parsing XML Source.
java.net.UnknownHostException: xml.weather.yahoo.com

In the portal.xml file of my weather portlet I added the following code:
      <init-param>
	proxy
	3.33.76.29
      </init-param>
      <init-param>
	proxyport
	80
      </init-param>

In my portlet I am getting hte following error:

"Failed to retrieve Weather Feed!"

because I have a firewall. I tried to google that error but I can't find anything substantial about it...

Using: JBoss AS 4.0.4 + JBoss 2.4 Beta + JDK 1.5

Please, any ideas?

Thanks,
Mariella.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972387#3972387