[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JSF 1.2 RI escaping problems with inputText

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 18 16:24:12 EDT 2006

I had to switch to the 1.2RI because Myfaces apparently lacks an enum converter, my app uses lots of enums, and rather than having to roll my own converters, I followed the directions to switch to the RI.  Everything seemed to work all right except for a mysterious problem: inputText fields aren't escaping < (left angle bracket) characters to <.  It does fine with > characters, just not the left bracket.  This is of course causing the browser to choke on the badly-formed output.  outputText fields are, incidentally, unaffected by this.  Just inputText and just left angle brackets.

I am in sheer dread of having to delve into the bowels of JSF to figure this out.  I can't imagine how this would happen in vanilla JSF, so I wonder if it's some interaction with Seam, perhaps unescaping things it shouldn't?  Any pointers?  Perhaps I could switch to Myfaces 1.2 ... are there any issues in getting that to work or is it just a matter of replacing the old myfaces jars in the tomcat SAR?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972420#3972420

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972420