[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Ajax Provider Servlet question

jackpark do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 18 23:29:56 EDT 2006

Situation: JBoss Portal AS 2.4.0
Homegrown portlet that feeds from a JCR backside.
Desire:
Feed an index page that loads content from an AJAX servlet.
Following the example, my portlet which appears as:
/portal/portal/default/BrainInfo
which is showing in a window called NeuroNamesPortletWindow
thus: a PortletURL looks like:
/portal/portal/default/BrainInfo/NeuroNamesPortletWindow?action=2

In the Ajax example, it uses the JSPPortlet and a Servlet class.
The webxml in that war file calls for this pattern:
<url-pattern>/InvoiceServlet</url-pattern>
and the html to call that servlet is:
"/AJAXPortlet/InvoiceServlet?invoice=" + select.value

In my case, use the pattern:
<url-pattern>/NeuronamesAjaxServlet</url-pattern>
and try calling it with this html:
"/BrainInfo/NeuronamesAjaxServlet?tree=" + select.value

That does not fire up the servlet
I have experimented with different combinations, from:
/portal/portal/default/BrainInfo/... and so on,
Those occasionally return the entire portal homepage or sometimes the portlet page itself, but never a peep from the servlet.

All that to say that my WEB-INF mimics that of the AJAX demo portlet, but my servlet never fires when called.

I should say that a difference is that my servlet doGet actually queries the backside and returns the html snippets directly.

I would greatly appreciate some ideas on how to call that servlet.
Many thanks
Jack

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972464#3972464

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972464