[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Facing problem in getting the portal

raj.shanmug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 00:33:06 EDT 2006

Hi all,

In the event of installing the JBoss Application server and Portal.  These are steps that i followed

1. I have downloded the Jboss 4.0.4 CR2 and Jboss Portal 2.4 ALPHA.

    I have unzipped both the zip files and now i configured the portal-sqlserverds.xml file in the portal and copied both the configured xml and the

    portal.sar file to the JBOSS_Home/default/deploy directory of the App Server.

2. Then i have copied the jdbc jar files to the default/lib directory.

3. Prior to this i have also set the environment variables to the path, classpath, JBOSS_HOME; JAVA_HOME.

4. I started the run.bat file in the jboss/bin.

5. The jboss server started, but i encountered the following error when i pointed the browser to the portal.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot invoke with a null interceptor[]
        org.jboss.portal.common.invocation.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:163)
        org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:231)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.16 logs.

---Raj

Apache Tomcat/5.5.16

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972466#3972466

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972466