[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: How do you set the transfer-encoding

bf109e do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 03:45:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think I have a similar problem.

I'm just starting to learn JBoss and J2EE.

I just inherited a huge Web project running on JBoss.  Part of this inheritance is the truckload of bugs, of course.

My problem is:

The server always serves up pages with the charset set to "Shift_JIS", even if the JSP pages explicitly states that the pages should have UTF-8 charset and encoding.

Hence, once the pages are served, if you do a view-source, you'll see all the JSP code stating UTF-8 as the charset+encoding.

However, if you submit a form, the parameters in the URI are all encoded in SJIS, thereby causing never-ending probelms on the server side.

What do I need to do to make the pages served as UTF-8?  Are there any configuration settings I need to override?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972494#3972494

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972494