[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - MBean: parameters name & description of operations with EJB3

formica do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 10:38:56 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I have a few MBeans services defined with EJB 3 annotations. They are made to be used in the JMX console by a user who will call their operations and watch their attributes, so they should be documented enough.
The problem is that I can't find a way to specify parameters names, operations and attributes description.

I just found an article http://weblogs.java.net/blog/emcmanus/archive/2005/07/adding_informat.html demonstrating that one can achieve this functionnality defining custom annotations and overriding StandardMBean class to extract informations from our custom annotations. Well this may do the trick, but:

1/ I don't use registerMBean to do the job, I just annotate my class with @Service. Since I'm fairly new to EJB (this is my first project), and began with EJB 3, I know nothing about this way of registering a MBean. I'm wondering where should I call registerMBean, because obviously, I would need to register MBeans when the application is deployed (but how to have some code executed at this moment ??), and also take care of dependencies between my MBeans, which may imply to respect an accurate call order.

2/ I would really prefer a pure EJB3 solution relying on @Service and @Depends annotations to register MBeans correctly.

3/ I can't believe there isn't a built-in solution to document MBeans. Having to rediscover the wheel to implement what I consider as a basic feature compared to what already exist in EJB 3 seems incredible.

Does anyone knows if there is a way to do this using JBoss annotations or standard annotations. If there isn't, what are the others possibilies ?

Thanks in advance[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972600#3972600

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972600