[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: the database of Seam application

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 11:29:35 EDT 2006

Woops - that'll teach me to not look at that example.  The original poster was right that the hypersonic instance in the booking example is entirely in memory.  We normally don't recommend using a private instance like this, but it works for the example.   To use the JBoss-managed HSQL instance, change the connection-url in booking-ds.xml to:

  | <connection-url>jdbc:hsqldb:${jboss.server.data.dir}${/}hypersonic${/}localDB</connection-url>

Redeploy the application (not just the datasource) and then from the JMX console, find the jboss:database=localDB,service=Hypersonic MBean.  Click the link, then invoke the startDatabaseManager operation.  You'll see your data.

You can look at the DVD store for another example.  The DVD store uses it's own HSQL instance, but it registers it as a proper MBean so you can manage the data.

Hope that helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972633#3972633

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972633