[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: using GenerationType.TABLE - ERROR [MultipleHiLoPerTable

fbadt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 19:53:28 EDT 2006

yup.  It is my DB.  I can get to it fine with the same ID/pass via a test program to just select from the table, without "for update" and isql also.

* note: using - strategy=GenerationType.TABLE and informix drivers from
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?go=y&rs=ifxjdbc

Here is the kicker... This is being run in JBoss 4.04 so I grabbed the hibernate 3.2rc2 source and traced into the code.  It dies here as below from the below sql:

"select value from test_tab2 where key_name = 'PK_TABLE' for update"

** the same sql, without "for update", queries fine.

MultipleHiLoPerTableGenerator(line 145)
==> result = rs.getInt(1);
 ERROR [MultipleHiLoPerTableGenerator] could not read or init a hi value
java.sql.SQLException: null java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:448)
        at com.informix.jdbc.IfxValue.a(IfxValue.java:424)
        at com.informix.jdbc.IfxValue.a(IfxValue.java:350)
        at com.informix.jdbc.IfxRowColumn.a(IfxRowColumn.java:279)
        at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.a(IfxSqli.java:4340)
        at com.informix.jdbc.IfxResultSet.a(IfxResultSet.java:654)
        at com.informix.jdbc.IfxResultSet.b(IfxResultSet.java:626)
        at com.informix.jdbc.IfxResultSet.getInt(IfxResultSet.java:1075)
        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedResultSet.getInt(WrappedResultSet.java:677)
        at org.hibernate.id.MultipleHiLoPerTableGenerator.doWorkInCurrentTransaction(MultipleHiLoPerTableGenerator.java:145)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972782#3972782

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972782