[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: SLSB Local Interface Exception - EjB 3.0 with jboss-4.0.

vashistvishal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 01:23:50 EDT 2006

Let me get my understanding here correct
My understanding is .....

Remote is when client calls from a different JVM environment to a Bean which is
in a seperate JVM. This is where Calls By Value comes in as everything has to be
copied (part of serailization) to be sent across the wire.

Where as Local means when both Client and Beans are in same JVM which means
Call by reference is used.
You can enlighten me please if this is wrong or nor correct.

As to this error i thought i could change the setting in
conf/standrdjboss.xml file where  invoker proxy binding
settings are.

  | <invoker-proxy-binding>
  |       <name>entity-rmi-invoker</name>
  |       <invoker-mbean>jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmp</invoker-mbean>
  |       <proxy-factory>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.ProxyFactory</proxy-factory>
  |       <proxy-factory-config>
  |         <client-interceptors>
  |           <home>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor</interceptor>
  |  <interceptor call-by-value="false">org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  | <interceptor call-by-value="true">org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  | </home>
  | -----
  | and some for others as in this category
  |
  | -----
  |   </client-interceptors>
  |       </proxy-factory-config>
  |  </invoker-proxy-binding>

I'm not sure in this version of JBoss which option to modify yet as
currenty InvokerInterceptor is set to call by value, where as if i go by
my understanding than if i change it to false than it should work as my
client for both Remote and  Local are in same JVM.

Vishal

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972807#3972807

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972807