[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: SLSB Local Interface Exception - EjB 3.0 with jboss-4.0.

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 01:52:31 EDT 2006

"vashistvishal" wrote :

  | Remote is when client calls from a different JVM environment to a Bean which is
  | in a seperate JVM. This is where Calls By Value comes in as everything has to be
  | copied (part of serailization) to be sent across the wire.

True.

"vashistvishal" wrote :

  | Where as Local means when both Client and Beans are in same JVM which means
  | Call by reference is used.
  | You can enlighten me please if this is wrong or nor correct.

By default, true.  You could configure local JNDI lookups to use call-by-value, but as this is much slower due to the unnecessary serialization, you typically wouldn't unless you has good reason.  Check out the bottom of http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration.

"vashistvishal" wrote :

  | As to this error i thought i could change the setting in
  | conf/standrdjboss.xml file where  invoker proxy binding
  | settings are.
  |
  | I'm not sure in this version of JBoss which option to modify yet as
  | currenty InvokerInterceptor is set to call by value, where as if i go by
  | my understanding than if i change it to false than it should work as my
  | client for both Remote and  Local are in same JVM.

I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish.  When you say, "my client for both Remote and  Local are in same JVM" ... you mean you're accessing the remote and local interfaces from within the same JVM instance?  Or that your client is in the same JVM as the EJBs?

I can't say I've ever tried to access a local EJB from an outside JVM regardless of the "call-by-value" semantics.  Why not just use the local interface when in the container, and the remote from remote clients?

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972811#3972811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972811