[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Problem with Web Service compliant WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 an

alcatelSR do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 11:24:38 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm writing the WSDL of a web service which implements the WS-Eventing feature. Furthermore I want my web service to be compliant with the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1.

In my WSDL, I wrote this:

  |   <wsdl:portType name="phonebookNotifierPortType" wse:EventSource="true">
  |     <wsdl:operation name="notificationOperation">
  |       <wsdl:output message="tns:notificationMessage" name="notificationMessage"/>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  |   </wsdl:portType>

The JBossWS User Guide indicates this kind of code in chapter 16 (http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossws/user-guide/en/html/wseventing.html).

This is also what is indicated in the W3C WS-Eventing specification (http://www.w3.org/Submission/WS-Eventing/#Appendix_I__E2_80_93_Service_Metadata_for_Eventing).

When I submit my WSDL file to the WS-I test tool, a error is returned because I don't comply to the recommendation R2303 of the Basic Profile 1.1:
http://ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#R2303

Indeed my WSDL file defines a notification-type operation.

Now what I don't understand is that this page: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossWSSpecStatus indicates that JBossWS supports the specs WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 AND the WS-Eventing.

It seems to me that those two standards, WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 and WS-Eventing are incompatible.

Did I get something wrong?
If you had already this kind of problem, could you help me out ?

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972970#3972970

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972970