[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Exception Interception

ingoott do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 14:02:57 EDT 2006

Hi @All,

i want to intecept unhandled exceptions in my webapplication that consists out of jsps and beans and send myself the exception plus the full stacktrace including the causes via mail. if take a look in my log4j logfile i see error messages that are containing the full stacktrace including the causes for an exception. If i use the context filter and catch the exception at this point, i don't get the causes - briefly saying it seems that i don't get the top exception that is "Servlet.service() for servlet FacesServlet threw exception".

I wonder if somebody can help me out. I also could parse the log4j logfile but i think there must be a better way.

Many thanks in advance,

Ingo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973030#3973030

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973030