[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Drop Down Menu Using Seam and Facelets

yj4jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 08:43:45 EDT 2006

Hello Denis,

     I am trying to get your example of implementing SelectItems without custom annotations. I have included the the following code in my SFSB.

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("companySearch")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | @Interceptors(SeamInterceptor.class)
  |
  | public class CompanySearchBean implements CompanySearch, Serializable {
  |

  |       <! -- Bean Specific Code goes here  -->
  |
  | 	public Map<String,Object> model;
  |

  | 	private void fillMaps(){
  | 		model = new TreeMap<String,Object>();
  | 		model.put("(Empty)","-1");             // Add EMPTY element if needed
  | 		for (Object o: yearList) {
  | 			String label = o.toString();
  | 			model.put(label, o );
  | 		}
  | 	}
  |

  | 	public Map<String,Object> getModel(){          // f:selectItems value
  | 		log.debug("Initializing Model");
  | 		log.debug("Model Size = "+model.size());
  | 		return model;
  | 	}
  |

  | 	public Converter getConverter() {
  | 		return new ReferenceConverter(yearList);
  | 	}

This is my code in the my search.xhtml file

  | 			<h:selectOneMenu converter="#{companySearch.converter}">
  | 				<f:selectItems value="#{companySearch.model}" />
  | 			</h:selectOneMenu>

Is this the right approach ??

I am getting a "Cannot get property model" error

Plz help....and thnx in advance....

Yogesh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973547#3973547

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973547