[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Jboss 4.0.4 as a window service

vannguyen0 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 12:38:27 EDT 2006

"mishra_rajneesh" wrote : first of all thanx for the reply...

  | I uesd the following command to create the service:
  |
  | JBossService.exe -install JBossAll C:\jdk1.5.0_06\jre\bin\jvm.dll -Djava.class.path=C:\jdk1.5.0_06\lib\tools.jar;C:\JBOSS\run.jar -start org.jboss.Main -params -c all -stop org.jboss.Main -method systemExit -out C:\JBOSS\stdout.log -err C:\JBOSS\stderr.log -current C:\JBOSS -manual
  |
  | When i tried to run the service, i got the following msg
  |
  | The JBossAll Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the performance Logs and Alerts service.

  | Please check if i have done anything wrong

I assume that since you have the "-params -c all" option, you renamed the 'default' folder underneath your %JBOSS_HOME%/server directory to 'all'?  If so... did you do this because you have more than one JBoss instance running on this server?

I would also check to make sure that you have a jvm.dll in your C:\jdk1.5.0_06\jre\bin directory.  From what I can tell on both our JBoss servers (and from the directory structure after the installation of the Java SDK), the jvm.dll is separated into %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\{server or client}\jvm.dll

Everything else looks OK.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973605#3973605

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973605