[jboss-user] [Testimonials] - Re: ATG on JBoss - How good is ATG stuff

cunparis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 05:22:32 EDT 2006

I'm not surprised that you don't find anything.  Very few projects are using it, and you can forget any idea of getting support on the internet.  I'm searching for a way to get ATG, JBOSS, Eclipse working together so that I don't have to create & deploy an EAR every time a change a JSP!

ATG is the worst thing I've ever seen.   Fortunately they have good salespeople.  It's based on standards from 6 years ago and hasn't been updated much since then.   Forget about all open source standards such as JSF/Tapestry/Struts, hibernate, spring, etc. and use only ATG proprietary frameworks (that suck mind you).  For that you'll need an ATG consultant at 1500 euros/day, who will of course fly in from out of town and therefore not be very productive.

ATG should die.  I don't want the agony of working on another ATG project.  I will resign if my company accepts another ATG project!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973827#3973827

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973827