[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Caching large volumes of entities

ihunter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 07:45:05 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

We have a server designed to serve 'live' database data. We have now been asked to provide a facility for querying 'historical' database data from the database.

I *think* that serving up large volumes of historical data would consume resources and slow down the live service. [I *really* think the historical stuff should be on another box but thats another fight.....]

I propose to NOT use JBoss CMP, but to go straight to JDBC for these historical queries [the queries will also be paged for performance].

Does anybody have similar experiences they can share, and any alternative ideas. For instance, can I destroy the cache for the historical data when the data has been sent to the client - if so, an example would be really great.

Any ideas or comments appreciated

Ian Hunter

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973857#3973857

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973857