[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - IIOP-implementation for EJB 3.0 not standard-compliant?

marvin655321 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 12:47:02 EDT 2006

Hello,

at
http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/JBoss/jboss-ejb3/src/test/org/jboss/ejb3/test/iiop
I found tests for making EJB 3.0-compliant session beans accessible via IIOP. Within these tests there are two session beans - one stateless and one stateful. Within the code of both of them there are remote business interfaces declared via the javax.ejb.Remote-Annotation. Both of the business interfaces extend javax.ejb.EJBObject. Within the EJB 3.0-standard (EJB Core Contracts and Requirements) on page 94 - regarding Session Bean's Business Interfaces - there is stated that business interfaces must not extend javax.ejb.EJBObject.

Within a similar example of mine, I left out the extension of javax.ejb.EJBObject of the remote business interface. As a consequence I got a java.lang.ClassCastException on deploying the beans into a Jboss 4.0.4GA-container with jboss-EJB-3.0 RC9-FD installed, which states that no javax.ejb.EJBObject was found.

Am I fatally wrong or is the implementation of IIOP for session beans for EJB 3.0 based on the extension of javax.ejb.EJBObject for remote business interfaces? If this is not standard-compliant, are there plans under way to make the implementation standard-compliant?

Best regards,

Jens

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973950#3973950

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973950