[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - EnableLoadtimeWeaving and EnableTransformer

jimmycallaghan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 14:43:23 EDT 2006

I have been trying to get my interceptor to be called when the onMessage event of a specific MDB is called. If I turn on EnableLoadtimeWeaving (in jboss-aop.deployer/META-INF/jboss-service.xml), restart JBoss, and run my test... the interceptor is not called.

If I turn OFF EnableLoadtimeWeaving and turn ON EnableTransformer, my test causes the interceptor to be called correctly. However, after I've changed to EnableTransformer=true I need to redeploy the EAR that holds the MDB so that it is transformed. This is easy enough, I just rename the EAR file that was originally deployed. I would simply leave the deprecated EnableTransformer=true switched on but, if I do this, I cannot restart the entire server because it gets half way before giving me an OutOfMemory error.

I'm using JBoss4.0.4GA and Jre1.5.0_04. I don't need to change my  definitions in jboss-aop, or anything else to get this to work.

What are the differences between EnableTransformer and EnableLoadtimeWeaving and why does the latter not work? I haven't posted loads of code or errors in this question but I can provide it if required.

Any help will be very appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973976#3973976

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973976