[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Automatic Entity merge

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 17:25:50 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : One alternative approach is instead of passing the entity object around, just pass the id in a request parameter and use something like the ManagedEntity component (in Seam CVS) to auto-load the entity instance and expose it via a context variable.

Since request parameters can be easily manipulated by a malicious user, this seems like a pretty dangerous general approach to me.  When you're searching a blog or providing REST services, this works great.  For a general CRUD framework this worries me.

For example, I wouldn't want my bank's online "add joint account member" conversation to take in currentUserId and newJointUserId as a request params.

Of course, I haven't seen this thing in action, maybe there are safeguards in place to detect manipulation of these params.  Please assuage my fears. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974032#3974032

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974032