[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem in Booking Ex. from Seam 1.0.1 GA causes misbehaviou

widura do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 26 12:22:59 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am getting in touch with Seam intensively for days now and I'm already seriously addicted to this, I think, outstanding framework. But during experimenting I ran over a misbehaviour I cannot explain. The booking example shipped with Seam 1.0.1 GA doesn't correctly display the "Current Hotel Bookings" after a successful new booking. You need to login again to see the "Current Hotel Bookings" or book another hotel. But in latter case the recent booking isn't displayed either.

So I played around a bit by calling the factory method "getBookings()" in BookingListAction explicitly after "booking confirmation" (see the code block) but no change.

   @In
  |    HotelBooking bookingList;

  |    @End
  |    public String confirm(User user)
  |    {
  |       if (booking==null || hotel==null) return "main";
  |       em.persist(booking);
  |       facesMessages.add("Thank you, #{user.name}, your confimation number for #{hotel.name} is #{booking.id}");
  |       log.info("New booking: #{booking.id} for #{user.username}");
  |       bookingList.getBookings();
  |       events.raiseEvent("bookingConfirmed");
  |       return "confirmed";
  |    }

Fortunatly I've recognized that the Online Example on the Seam website does function properly. So I downloaded the latest nightly build (23.09.2006). But it seems like new taglib syntax is introduced since the last stable release. Ex.:
<s:link value="View Hotel" action="#{hotelBooking.selectHotel(hotelSearch.selectedHotel)}"/>

Even though it is not possible to run the example with the bundled Seam Jars shipped within this nightly build because of syntactical errors caused i.e by above code block. So could someone please tell me, where the problem is/was and on which nightly build the working example on the Seam website is based on.

Thanks in advance,

Widura

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974279#3974279

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974279