[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Poor performance after replacing JBossMQ

omerlin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 26 14:56:52 EDT 2006

Thank you for your interrest !

Messages sent by the client to the shared Queue are group by a hash code.
The message unique identifier is named MSISDN.
For example, each message with attribute MSISDN (a long) finishing by 0 will be carried to the sequencer 0
each message with attribute MSISDN (a long) finishing by 1 will be carried to the sequencer 1
(...)
each message with attribute MSISDN (a long) finishing by N will be carried to the sequencer N

We have N sequencer Staleless SB - each sequencer drives a protocol exchange and read a message based on the hash code (between 0 and N)

I hope i'm clear : each sequence get its batch of message for processing.
The objective is to do batch processing.

I understand that this is an anti-pattern as we have to scan the shared queue (in fact there is 2 queues like this) and this is perhaps even worse as many threads do the same scan.

One solution we imagine is to fix the batching size to 10 for instance and to create 10 destination queues and 10 sequencers - we can do this configuration quite quickly

Do you have any suggestion of another pattern that may help to solve our problem ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974314#3974314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974314