[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 - web service client problem

hauch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 03:12:57 EDT 2006

I am developing a Webservice client in a ejb.

I prefer the solution where the service object is bound in jndi using <service-ref> as sketched in "Application Server Guide 4.0.4: 12.3.2 Service references".

Using an ejb the <service-ref> tag is placed in ejb-jar.xml which should be fine according to:
"This chapter uses a J2EE-1.4 client, but for all intents and purposes, this could also be a Servlet, JSP, or EJB component. All of these J2EE components support <service-ref> elements in their respective deployment descriptor."

However it seems that the service object is never bound.

I have now discovered that service-ref no longer is part of the ejb-jar.xml in ejb3, which may explain that it seems to be ignored.

And now the questions:
Is this assumption correct (ie. that service-ref in ejb-jar.xml is ignored using ejb3)?
If this is the case: Is there another way to bind the service object in jndi?
If not: Has anybody succeded in getting the service object from jndi using ejb3 and <service-ref>? Please provide an example.

By the way: I am able to connect using the method with qname, servicefactory etc (12.3.1), which indicates that my client artifacts are ok.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974424#3974424

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974424