[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Super and sub class from different entityManagers when using

jarkko@jab.fi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 10:01:49 EDT 2006

Hello,
I've the following setup:

0) EAR file with the following inside
1) 2  EJB jar files (jar1.jar and jar2.jar) with their own persistence.xmls and entitymanagers (em1 and em2)
2) Entitymanagers are using different datasources (but to the same db)

in jar1.jar i've

  | @Entity
  | @Table(name = "CalEvent", catalog = "lportal", uniqueConstraints = {})
  | @Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)
  | public class Calevent implements java.io.Serializable {

and in jar2.jar i've
@Entity
  | @Name("task")
  | @Table(name = "task", catalog = "tc", uniqueConstraints = {})
  | @Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)
  | public class Task extends Calevent {

also in jar2.jar i've a SFSB which is acting as on action where new  Task's are created:

  | Task t = new Task();
  | t.setBlaBla();
  | em2.persist(t);

Now, however, during the insertion it doesn't work. I've figured that it's because the super classes instance is not persisted/commited to the db and thus i'm using two different ems / datasources the em2/ jdbc connection2 can't yet see the super classes stuff in the db.

So, i tried to set up

  | <property name="hibernate.transaction.flush_before_completion" value="true" /> in persistence.xml,
to see if it helps, but the setting is ignored by HEM.

anonymous wrote :
  | 4093449 15:25:47,379 INFO  [STDOUT] Hibernate: insert into lportal.CalEvent (type_, startDate, description, userName, userId, companyId, groupId, modifiedDate, createDate, title, firstReminder, secondReminder, remindBy, recurrence, endDate, durationHour, durationMinute, allDay, timeZoneSensitive, repeating, eventId) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
  | 4093450 15:25:47,380 INFO  [STDOUT] Hibernate: insert into tc.task(poikkeuksin, tehty, kohde_organizationId, eventId) values (?, ?, ?, ?)
  | 4095969 15:25:49,899 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 1062, SQLState: 23000
  | 4095970 15:25:49,900 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Duplicate entry '18' for key 1

So, is there a way to force flush/commit on the insertion of calEvent?

The reason that i've two EntityManagers and two different datasources (with differens users and privileges inside the db) is that i want to use ejb3/hibs create/update schema but also to make sure that em2 doesn't mess with the db schema presented by em1.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974535#3974535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974535