[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Classcastexception when accessing EJB3.0 JPA EJB

forumer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 18:32:08 EDT 2006

Using JBoss4.0.4

This is the first time I am trying to deploy a bean using EJB3.0/JPA. I get the following error. I'd appreciate any help me in getting me going with using JPA.

java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy162

My Bean is annotated as:

@Stateless
  | @RemoteBinding(jndiBinding="ABC/FMBean/remote")
  | public class FMABean implements FMALocal, FMARemote 	{
  |     @PersistenceContext(unitName="FM")
  |     protected EntityManager em ;

In the JSP I am trying to access the bean as:

  |       Object obj = ctx.lookup("ABC/FMAAdminBean/remote");
  |       System.out.println("obj class ="+obj.getClass());
  |       fmaAdmin = (FMAAdminBean) obj;

JNDIView in JMX Console look like:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974699#3974699

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974699