[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: JBoss 4.0.4-GA won't start in Debug mode?

marvin_taboada do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 21:12:31 EDT 2006

dbs & hebahob:
The dialog is only redundant, choose Continue in the current mode and optionally set flag Remember my decision.. if you don't want the dialog pops up everytime. I haven't found yet a place to reset this flag but you can always stop, restart the server from the JBoss Server View in the mode you like.
See http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-363 for information about the resolution.

torben.frojonck:
Your console output is incomplete to understand...
¿Do you get in the last line the following?:
[Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.4.GA (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_4_GA date=200608231025)] Started in 49s:391ms

if the answer is yes, you have already started your server, try accesing via localhost:8080 or 127.0.0.1:8080 first.
If you got a message about Timeout, maybe you have an alpha version, try JBoss Eclipse IDE 2.0.0.Beta1, see the following for instructions:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=89214
If timeout persist (maybe some huge EARs, or WARs), modify the timeout preferences (window -> preferences -> jboss ide -> jboss servers), and even the action when timeout has been reached.
See the following link where Rob explains better its use:
http://jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=90458

Report bugs, it's still in beta version, but first search in http://jira.jboss.org to see if the bug hasn't already been reported or solved.

Thanks for the good work in JBossIDE!

jmtv