[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - problem adding soapheaders to response with EJB21 ws

omatzura do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 28 11:10:03 EDT 2006

Hi!

I have a JAXRPC-handler thats adds some soap-headers to the response message in handleResponse( .. ). Unfortunately, these headers only work when deploying the handler with as a servlet/POJO-based WS, when adding them to a EJB21.based WS, the headers never "show up" in the response..

after some debugging/breakointing, I found that when running under an EJB, the response message is processed twice by the SOAPBindingProvider.bindResponseMessage; once from the ServiceEndpointInterceptor, then from the "outer" ServiceEndpointInvoker..  since the JAXRPC-handlers are invoked "between" these 2, the added headers are effectively removed in the second bindResponseMessage (which seems to create a new SOAPMessageImpl every time..)..

(this is from the 1.0.3GA version/sources..)

am I mistaken? any workaround available?

thanks for any reply..

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com