[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Is it possible to deploy an exploded sar inside an ear?

jgilbert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 28 12:24:30 EDT 2006

So far, based on testing I think the answer is no. But it seems like a reasonable thing to do.

I created the ear with this structure:

my.ear
  |    META-INF
  |       application.xml
  |       jboss-app.xml
  |    my.jar
  |    my.sar
  |       META-INF
  |          jboss-service.xml

In the jboss-app.xml i tried both

	<module>
  | 		<service>my.sar</service>
  | 	</module>

	<module>
  | 		<service>my.sar/</service>
  | 	</module>

The 1st one receives an error that it can not find my.sar.
The 2nd one got farther, but receives an error that the jboss-service.xml can not be found.

I bit the bullet and jared up my.sar and all works well.

BUT, is it possible to deploy an exploded sar inside an ear? Did I do something wrong? Or would this be an exhancement to the EARDeployer?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974951#3974951

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974951