[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB3-embed jars in Maven repo?

mazz@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 28 15:11:59 EDT 2006

:-)

Really, what we need is just the EJB3 code WITH some documentation as to what third-party dependencies it has.  With that, we can write our Maven pom's with the appropriate dependencies.

For example, document all the products (with their versions) that are included in thirdparty-all.jar and hibernate-all.jar.  I'm assuming jboss-ejb3-all.jar is all of the EJB3 project code and do not include any external dependency classes.

So with this in hand, all I should have to do is grab the EJB3 jar from the EJB3 distribution and my Maven build will pull down all its external dependencies from the JBoss Maven Repo, and Ibiblio and where ever else I can grab them.

This should concievably make this 2nd distribition much smaller than the current one.  You don't need to ship all the dependent jars, just document what they are and Maven takes care of the rest.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975000#3975000

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975000