[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Error when logging inside EJB s

MmarcoM do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 29 06:04:40 EDT 2006

hi  all,
 i am having troubles iwth logging with jboss 4.0.4.GA..
I have deployed (successfully) few EJBs in an .ear file on jboss-4.0.4
all my ejbs and web action classes use log4j for logging (i have my own log4j.properties file).
what happens is that whenever i run my application, log is fine on the web, but whenever i call an ejb, the console hangs giving me back this message

  | ERROR: invalid console appender config detected, console stream is looping

in one of ejbs, i have tried to replace log4j with System.err callls and it works just fine..
since my logger works in my web project, i have excluded it from being cause of probblems.
So, the trouble is that i cannt do  logging in my ejbs... can anyone tell me why?
are there any settings i need to modify?
can anyone help?

thanks in advance and regards
 marco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975098#3975098