[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler Problem ?

FDomino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 2 09:44:55 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Got a problem ( or maybe a misunderstanding) and wonder if you can help me.

We use jbossAS 4.0.3 - Sp1
Eclipse ide, but personally i just think its a scheduler issue

I'm located in Germany
now to my question:

if A seperate schedulerMbean is added with this code:

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
  | 		name=":service=Scheduler,name=ServiceScheduler">
  |
  | 		<attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  |

  | 		<attribute name="SchedulableMBeanMethod">
  | 			perform(DATE, REPETITIONS)
  | 		</attribute>
  | 		<attribute name="DateFormat">dd/MM/yyyy-hh:mm:ss</attribute>
  | 		<attribute name="InitialStartDate">01/01/2007-3:45:00</attribute>
  | 		<attribute name="SchedulePeriod">86400000</attribute>
  | 		<attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
  |
  | 	</mbean>

how do i fix the problem that with the resetting calendar  to summer time where there is an hour difference ?

i did get this pattern :

before summertime change -> correct usage of time InitialDate and schedulePeriod
after summertime change -> incorrect usage of time InitialDate and SchedulePeriod
the date is set correctly but somehow the period is added wrong.
After summertime change the perform - Date is moved to 4:45 (One hour later , just the time that is used to differenciate between winter time and summer time !)

i've looked up some issues in jira and found one where there is a solution but its not yet marked "fixed in version"
(The solution are the dynamic keywords "NOW" & "TOMORROW" )
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2596

Hope my english is not that bad

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance