[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Bug in explicit conversation id management in SEAM 1.2.1

raffaele.camanzo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 2 18:12:55 EDT 2007

It made me crazy but I found it. It was a problem with my configuration faces-config.xml / pages.xml.
I was doing almost the same thing of the booking sample (booking confirmation) and there I found the solution: I moved the navigation rules in the pages and (I think this is the reason) redirected the requests.

But I'm facing another problem (or I'm doing something else wrong):

In the booking sample language (meaningless for the sample but to show the scenario):
I would like to include the hotel search result list in the template (having it visible also in the booking page) and I would like to select another hotel from the booking, and then start the new conversation having the same view-id, same action but using hotel.id to create different conversation id, through the conversation-param EL).

To achieve this I blocked the conversation propagation in the hotel selection <s:link>, something like this:

  | <s:link action="#{myaction.begin}" value="Select It">
  |     <s:conversationPropagation type="none" />
  | </s:link>

and configured the pages.xml as follows:

  | <pages no-conversation-view-id="/main.xhtml">
  | 	<conversation name="convOne" parameter-name="myactionId" parameter-value="#{myhotel.id}" />
  |
  | 	<page view-id="/main.xhtml">
  | 		<navigation from-action="#{myaction.begin}">
  | <!-- myaction begin method does not have @Begin annotation -->
  | 			<begin-conversation/>
  | 			<redirect view-id="/myaction.xhtml" />
  | 		</navigation>
  | 	</page>
  |
  | 	<page view-id="/myaction.xhtml">
  | 		<navigation from-action="#{myaction.begin}">
  | 			<begin-conversation/>
  | 			<redirect />
  | 		</navigation>
  | 	</page>
  |
  | </pages>

The effect is this:
 - the first time everything is ok, conversation started, promoted as a long running and so on...
 - when I try to book more than once Seam is unable to recognize (does not evaluate the EL #{myhotel.id}) and assigns a generated id but starts the conversation, promotes it as a long running...

Can I achieve this with explicit natural conversation id? Am I doing something wrong or is a bug?

Regards,
Raffaele Camanzo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033852#4033852

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033852