[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: MasterServerSocket with VirtualServerSocket

lukaszm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 3 02:46:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer. It works! I have another two questions:
- What kind of configuration can be passed into VirtualServerSocket constructor you mentioned? (Now i pass null :))
- Let's suppose I have 100 physical connections from 100 different clients. I want to react if there is a new virtual connection on any of VirtualServerSockets bound to these physical connections or if there is a new physical connection. The only idea is to have 101 threads, 100 waiting on accept() on the VirtualServerSockets, and one waiting on accept() on the MasterServerSocket. I'd like to have a kind of listener on VirtualServerSockets to observe new coming connections without blocking. I would use NIO, but I doubt it will work with VirtualServerSocket.
Without using virtual sockets I can have only one thread waiting on one real ServerSocket.accept() method (but I have far too many connections :).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033893#4033893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033893