[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Are exception-sorter expected to work for xa-datasource?

nathanmeyers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 3 10:43:22 EDT 2007

"weston.price at jboss.com" wrote :
  | XA errors are outside the purview of the sorter as this is not a connection based issue but rather an XA issue. XA exceptions are evaluated in the limited case that certain XA error codes prohibit a connection from being returned to the pool, but that's about it. This is why you are seeing the difference.

The situation leading to this error was restart of the db server, so I have a pool full of dead connections. I gather from what you're saying that I can't flush the pool from this particular exception-handling path - the best I can hope is that this particular connection isn't returned to the pool. Whether this happens depends on what XA error the driver returns, and I cannot add my own discriminator to this logic if the container doesn't recognize it.

Any insights on the second situation - the one with the null WrappedConnection.mc?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034110#4034110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034110