[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss AS & PHP

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 4 10:50:16 EDT 2007

Caucho is the one with the PHP implementation in Java, called Quercus.  It's pretty slick, but it's pretty well tied to Resin, and it doesn't have the kind of integration with Java classes that would let you write a seam app in PHP.

You could make a PHP app communicate with Seam if you used MDB's, the PHP Stomp client, and ActiveMQ instead of JBossMQ.  The latter step requires a bit of work, and it's still async one-way communication  Probably easier to just roll your own REST interface though, or wait for Seam-WS.

I'll eventually need to glue an existing PHP app into my Seam app (I hate PHP but I have to live with what others write).  I might just roll my own two-way messaging with a database as a rendezvous point instead.

Groovy, on the other hand, would be pretty nice to write a Seam app in.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034621#4034621

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034621