[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Migrate WebLogic Portal Application to JBoss

thomas.heute@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 5 02:53:53 EDT 2007

"swestbom" wrote : Warning JBoss Portal's navigation sucks big time.  Don't expect much from the *object.xml, build your own, theirs is a complete Model 1 hack with lots of server side java producing html and other oddities.  Really don't understand what they were thinking of.

Thanks for your constructive compliments, i don't even know what you are talking about... I think you got confused about defining objects and MVC mechanism. I don't see how you can relate -object.xml with Model 1... I'm also very glad that you produced all your HTML on the client side. Way to go ! If you are talking about the top banner writen in java, it's not great, but this is the *default* portal implementation.

It's great that you built your own, which is probably far better, too bad that you never contribute all the great stuff that you did.

I'm sure Spring guys will also love to learn about their "idiotic security stuff" that sounds very constructive to me.

At the end, i'm glad you recommend using JBoss Seam without ever tried it. By the way, you can pre-order the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/JBoss-Seam-Simplicity-Power-Beyond/dp/0131347969/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034876#4034876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034876